Hello Friends! Thank you so much for stopping by! We were challenged on Friday to create two cards, one masculine and one feminine using the same paper or stamp or elements. I thought about a few different ideas, sketched and sketched and went to my clean craft table. I started a few different cards before I finally decided what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to use this map paper from Studio Calico, the only problem is that I only had one sheet and any mistakes would cost me paper… Here is what I created:
a look at the masculine card:
Here’s how I made these cards:
- I created the speech bubble in Photoshop using the custom shape tool and saved it as a .png and then opened it in the Silhouette Software.
- I used the trace feature to get a cut line for the speech bubble and then duplicated the shape so I’d have 2.
- I added hello in one bubble and hey in the other.
- I cut these out of Neenah Solar White Cardstock.
- I opened a new document in Photoshop and added the words handsome and girl in blue and orange.
- I printed one at a time on a plain white paper and held it up to the bubble to check the size.
- When I got it to the correct size, I positioned the bubble over the text and taped it down with a little piece of washi tape and ran it through the printer again. voila, perfectly placed!
- I cut the background paper for the masculine card and rounded two corners.
- I placed the speech bubble over the patterned paper and cut away the portion showing through the letters so the letters would be kraft.
- I adhered everything with my ATG and added two strips of Target washi tape and then added a few mini staples with my Tim Holtz Mini Attacher.
- I used a dot of Tombow Mono Aqua Adhesive to glue a Studio Calico Wood Veneer Heart to the speech bubble.
- I used my paper trimmer to cut off the right side of the speech bubble so it would be flush with the right side of the card.
- For the Feminine Card, I cut 1.5″ squares and adhered and machine stitched them to the card front.
- I layered two Punky Sprouts Lil’ Lacy Petals and a layer of cream canvas that I cut with my pinking shears on the right side of the card.
- I also added some Creative Charms Gradient Gems to the layer edges. I sprayed a Studio Calico Wood Veneer Heart and a star with Tattered Angels Flower Power Glimmer Mist and set it aside to dry.
- I wrapped a length of Orange Divine Twine around the right side of the speech bubble.
- I also cut a small piece of Kraft cardstock to cover the back of the hey portion of the bubble.
- I used American Crafts Foam Adhesive to adhere the speech bubble to the layers.
- I used more aqua adhesive to adhere the wood veneers to the bubble.
I hope you enjoyed my cards. I struggled with the whole notion of feminine and masculine cards probably because I tend to make cards that I think could go either way. I wanted the cards to be the same theme but with a different flavor. I appreciate you taking the time to vote for my cards! You can only vote one time per round. If you’re already registered you won’t need to register again to vote again. If you haven’t registered, please consider doing it, it only takes about 3 minutes. Voting closes at noon Mountain Time on Thursday. You can use the widget in the top right corner of the blog to vote. Thank you thank you thank you!
Love Love and Blog you Later,
Joscie, rhymes with bossy :)