Hello Friends! I was humbled again on Friday to see that I’m still in this competition, thanks to your votes. I was excited to see the challenge was to use a household item on our card because really I am always looking at things and asking myself, could I use that on a card, on a page, in my project life album? What else could I do with that?! I thought about junkmail, telephone books, cereal boxes. I also thought about stamping with things like coffee cups, tin cans with paint, carving potatoes? I thought about so many ideas and the first one I tried to execute was the one I am sharing with you today.
I just happen to have a stack of old 1.4mb floppy discs sitting here in my craft room because, to tell you the truth, I am a bit of a technology hoarder. I also have all of my old cell phones and iPods too. ;) I actually considered using two floppy discs in last week’s challenge, and I sure am glad I didn’t!
- I pulled out a black disc and then started looking through my patterned papers and chose this peach-orange water-colory looking polka dot paper from American Crafts Dear Lizzy line. I cut a piece to mimic the look of a disc label and rounded the corners with my Fiskars corner rounder.
- I searched through my stacks and stacks of Thickers and considered several options but in the end chose these white vinyl Thickers because they were thin enough to fit thanks across the patterned paper without overlapping.
- After I had the patterned paper label and thanks on the disc, I opened up Photoshop and typed “for a memorable time” on a new letter sized document. (Fonts: futura, lobster) I printed this on a plain sheet of paper. I held the paper up to my monitor and then placed this banner over the print and put a small piece of washi tape to hold it in place and then ran it through the printer again.
- The banner is Neenah Solar White Cardstock that I cut on my Silhouette. I love using banners for my sentiments so I cut a bunch and have them in a bag on my desk.
- Here is a .studio file of my banners I made to share with you. You can also make them bigger or smaller. This is my gift to you. Please don’t sell them. or give them away as your own work.
- I used the American Crafts Foam adhesive to mount my sentiment banner on to the Disc, just slightly overlapping the bottom of the thanks.
- I cut a small strip of American Crafts White Scalloped Velvet Ribbon and adhered with my ATG under the sentiment banner.
- I added a strip of MT Silver and White Washi tape under the ribbon trim and rubbed it under to the backside of the disc.
- I cut the card base 5.5″x11″ Bazzill Kraft Cardstock. Scored at 5.5″ and folded.
- I knew I wanted to put another piece between the disc and the card front so I stamped this Studio Calico/Hero Arts graph paper stamp with Cantaloupe Memento Ink onto Neenah Solar White Cardstock.
- I trimmed the graph paper to 4 3/16″ x 4 3/4″ and mounted to the card front with ATG.
- I added a short strip of the same MT silver/white striped washi tape to the top edge.
- I added a short machine zig zag over the tape.
- I mounted the disc to the graph paper using American Crafts Foam squares.
- I used tweezers to add three Creative Charms Clear Gradient Gems to the banner and the washi tape strip.
I hope you love my card as much as I do! Thank you again for all your support and your votes, I really appreciate you!
Love Love and Blog you Later,
Joscie, rhymes with bossy :)