Hello Friends! If you need me, I’ve been floating on cloud 9 since I found out I made the top 20 of the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol competition. We got our assignments on Friday for the second round of the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol 2012, You Color My World. I brainstormed and sketched and looked through my supplies and decided on a card. I got about half way through the card when I had another idea and stopped the first card to execute the second card. I finished it up and was thinking it was missing something. Then it hit me. The idea for card #3. It quickly came together and I really love how it turned out, I hope you do too! I’ve included voting information at the end of the post.
I love to put things in order, especially sorting colored items into ROY G BIV (Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet) order, so this card is totally my style.
- I cut a strip of 12″ x 6″ Bazzill Kraft Cardstock, scored at 6″ and folded in half.
- I picked out my favorite ROYGBIV Washi Tapes and tore off a little strip of each color.
- I started with the violet tape and placed it next to the right side of the card.
- I layered each color in order, rotating the stripes so they form a sort of chevron pattern in the middle.
- I machine stitched zigzags over the edges of the tape in various stitch lengths.
- I picked out 4 Studio Calico Wood Veneer stars for each color, sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and set them aside to dry.
- I typed out the sentiment : you make my world a more colorful place and changed each word to ROYGBIV colors.
- I printed this on plain white cardstock and trimmed with my tonic paper trimmer and used a scissors to cut the dove tail in the ends.
- I mounted the sentiment with American Crafts Foam Adhesive.
- When the stars dried, I used Tombow Mono Adhesive and tweezers to stick them to the card around the tape strips.
I think I succeeded in creating a colorful happy card and I’m really happy with my result. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you’ll support me with your votes.
Click here to visit our Gallery Idol contest page. Voting is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. You’ll need to register with the contest tool to vote, so first go to the “Registration” tab. ( I know it can seem a nuisance to register for another site just to vote, but I’d really appreciate it!)
2. Once you’ve registered, then click on the “View Entries” tab.
3. Once you select your favorite card, click on the “Vote” tab. (Make sure you’re really sure because you’re only allowed one vote per voting round!)
Thanks so much, I appreciate you!
Love Love and Blog you Later,
Joscie, rhymes with Bossy :)